Congress & Events Management
Hosting a broad variety of national and international meetings since 1980, Cankarjev dom Congress and Cultural Centre Ljubljana is one of Slovenia’s busiest conferencing and expos hubs. A meetings and events industry pioneer, CD is member of international associations IAPCO and ICCA, as well as national professional organisations – the Slovenian and Ljubljana convention bureaus.
What we create
From congresses, symposia, conferences, meetings, business and social gatherings, seminars, lectures, workshops, exhibitions and trade shows, press conferences, promotional events, presentations, celebrations, anniversaries, award ceremonies, weddings, receptions, balls, dinners to a vast variety of special events.
Cankarjev dom is the work of architect Edo Ravnikar and is an integral part of his design for the Square of the Republic. It was created in the era of modernism and is considered a sample example of monumental architecture, comparable with achievements of Alvar Alta in convention centre Finlandia.
Cankarjev dom boasts 22 multi-purpose conference halls and represents the largest purpose-built convention centre in Slovenia. A big advantage is the diversity of spaces for different convention needs. The largest Gallus hall with 2.000 seats, is still today the concept of extraordinary acoustics and is the only hall of this type in Slovenia (Auditorium). Venue with a total surface of 36.000 m2 can accommodate up to 5.000 visitors, with extensive lobby exhibits it has already carried out a number of conferences with large accompanying exhibitions.
Why Cankarjev dom ...
- Located in the heart of Slovenia and its capital, Ljubljana
- 25 minutes to / from the airport
- Good accessibility, parking in immediate vicinity
- A good share of hotels and other accommodations as well as attractions are within walking distance
- Flexible space: 22 multipurpose halls of various capacities and configurations (20–2000 seats)
- A perfect venue for large, medium-sized as well as smaller meetings
- Modern interior for meetings, lectures or seminars
- Vast exhibition area (up to 4.000 sq.)
- Attractive location for social events and gatherings
- State-of-the-art technical equipment, together with a Highly experienced, professional and friendly staff
- In-house PCO
- The only Slovenian member of IAPCO (International Association of Professional Congress Organizers) and member of ICCA (International Congress and Convention Association)
- Green approach is a rule
- Option to select among three preferred catering partners
- Competitive price
Where we are
An dministrative centre of Ljubljana, where Cankarjev dom is located, is easily accessible on foot, by car or by public transport. Under the Square of the Republic there is a large parking garage, and the latest one is just a stone's throw away under the Congress Square. Both are sufficient to cover the needs of motorised conference guests. A great advantage of the location is that all the city's attractions, and especially the key hotels are within walking distance. In these terms Cankarjev dom is a very friendly and nice location to conference guests.
Make an enquiry
Cankarjev dom boasts 22 multi-purpose conference halls and represents the largest purpose-built convention centre in Slovenia. A big advantage is the diversity of spaces for different convention needs. The main venue, 2000-seat Gallus Hall is the largest hall of this type in Slovenia (auditorium) and embodies the concept of extraordinary acoustics.
Venue with a total surface of 36.000 sq. m. can accommodate up to 5000 visitors, with extensive lobby exhibits it has already carried out a number of conferences with large accompanying exhibitions.
Meet the Team
Don't change the world all by yourself – we're here to help (you)
Our mission is to provide space and the conditions for meeting the most influential experts from all over the world. Our goal is to have satisfied participants, as we are aware that this also means having satisfied clients.